Sunday, September 24, 2006

A funny thing happened on the way home from the bar...

Tonight we were out celebrating a friend's birthday. After being at a club until nearly closing time we all went outside to regroup and decide on the next step. My boyfriend went across the street to the convenience store to buy a bottle of water.
While I was standing there by myself waiting for him, a guy who was with a group of his friends nearby struck up a conversation with me. He was nice and interesting so I started talking to him. It crossed my mind that he was hitting on me, but I figured it didn't matter a whole heck of a lot either way, since my BF would be back from the store at any moment and interupt the conversation.
When the BF arrived with his water, the guy greeted him by name and started trying to introduce him to me as his "old old friend." I laughed and told him that I already knew him, and he was my "old old boyfriend."
I can't say for sure if he was hitting on me or if he was just a friendly guy. But that's got to be a pretty weird situation if you're trying to pick up a girl and then you meet her boyfriend and it's a guy you've known since highschool.

3 comments:

Princess Pessimism said...

Of COURSE he was hitting on you. You're hot stuff.

Scott said...

Wow, that would be pretty awkward for sure.

Scott

Jennifer said...

It wasn't awkward for me, that's the most important thing.