Monday, March 26, 2007

A strange confluence of events leading to a Monday hangover

Last night I was getting ready to go to trivia night, getting ready to go back to work for the week and generally being a responsible person until the phone rang. I got to talking while I was baking cookies and running myself a bath and the horrible result was that I overflowed the bathtub, a lot. I overflowed the bathtub into every room. It's a freakin' miracle I wasn't electricuted while I waded through floating electrical cords to unplug everything. I soaked up buckets of water with towels blankets, all the laundry in my hamper.... It was a mess. Once I had the water level down to a reasonable level, I hung up all the wet clothes and towels, and set all the fans going, and headed over to a trivia night at my friend's place. Everyone brings 5$ and a bottle of wine and the prize for winning is all the money and all the wine that's left at the end of the evening. Well, in all the running around I did before I left for trivia night I didn't get a chance to eat dinner. The result being that when I arrived at trivia night all I'd eaten that day was a bag of chips, a chocolate bar and a lean cuisine. Then I got into an argument with my teammate over the 4th question of the game - which state in the US consumes the most spam per capita? He was sure it was Alabama and I was sure it was Hawaii) We decided to write Alabama, but I said if I was right he'd have to refill my glass with wine for the rest of the game. Well I was right, and on an empty stomach that was not a good thing. I didn't drink an unreasonable amount for someone who had had a good dinner, but I was not a person who had had a good dinner. So, by the time I got home, I could barely get the key in the lock. And when I got up this morning, I didn't feel so good. Next Sunday, no making lunches for the week, no bathing, just videogames - that's how I'm going to stay out of trouble.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude, i could've told years ago... not bathing and not making lunches always leads to good things.