Friday, May 18, 2007

Goin' to the evil empire

I'm spending the long weekend in LA y'all. Don't bother trying to break into my place it's being housesat by someone who will probably burn it down or flood it before you even get there with your lock picking tools. I just want to leave you all with a thought:

Given the expected cost of global warming, the Optimum Population Trust in England calculates that the use of a 35-pence condom produces a "9,000,000% potential return on investment.

And that's just the cost of global warming, that's not including the actual cost to the parent. One of my co-workers, who has a child, asked me this morning, how I can possibly afford to take so many vacations. I think she was expecting me to tell her that I sold drugs on the side or something. Instead, I told her about how if you invest in condoms, you get a guaranteed return on investment, ie your paycheque goes directly into your pocket instead of spending it on diapers, and video games and the latest craze in athletic shoes. I don't think she liked my answer.

1 comment:

Miss Ash said...

Bah Haaaa, I love it!!! It's true about the moolah and children thing. I often hear parents speak of "going without" in order to clothe the children or keep them busy in sports and other activities. I'd rather travel the world.

Hope you had a great time in LA!