Thursday, January 31, 2008

Goals #5 and 6

I'm really taking care of business today!

Goal #5 Bring lunch to work every day for a week
This one's not so ground breaking.... but.... the week I did this was the only week I've done this the whole time I've had this job. So clearly it was an achievement.

Goal #6 Get a Permanent Job
Getting a permanent job was an acheivement 10 years in the making. I've never really liked moving around (making new friends, finding someone to have lunch with, getting into a routine), but I didn't like staying the same place either (most people get old fast). I've done a lot of maternity leaves in the past. It's a really good amount of time to work somewhere. You're there long enough to make friends and find the good lunch places, but not so long that there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel. Also, I hate performance reviews, and the great thing about working contracts is that you don't have to do performance reviews. The last permanent job I had, I actually quit during my first perfomance review.
The place I'm working at now is awesome, I love most of my co-workers, it has a great vibe, and I see myself staying here for a long time. So, it's worth staying, even though they make me do performance reviews.

No comments: