Friday, February 23, 2007

Subway users to see ghost station


I'm soooo excited! The GF told me about this station years ago, and I've always wondered about it. Too bad I'm going to be away this weekend so I won't get first crack at seeing it. But next weekend, I'll be there with bells on! Now all they have to do it start showing us the other ones.

Feb 23, 2007 08:34 AM
thestar.com staff
TTC tunnel repairs will change train service on the Bloor-Danforth line this weekend - and riders will get a chance for a quick peak at an abandoned station.
Construction on the tunnel will close Bay Station on the weekends for the next six weeks, TTC officials say on their website. TTC officials recommend those who normally use Bay station to board at Yonge and Bloor instead.

Trains on the Bloor-Danforth line will bypass the Bay station and run on a rarely-used track through an unused TTC station below the Bay station. Trains won’t be stopping at the abandoned station.

Called Yorkville, the "ghost" station is rented out for movie shoots and to train TTC subway drivers.

Regular Bloor-Danforth service will resume in April.

1 comment:

Jessica McGann said...

The words "Ghost Station" totally drive a red-hot poker of desire into my own heart as well! The elusive "ghost station"! At last!